CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Jacob turns 12

I can't believe my first baby is 12! It's brought back alot of memories of my pregnancy and first weeks with him being pregnant with Kaylee now. I am so proud of the young man Jacob is developing into, no facial hair or voice changes yet I'm sure this year will bring even more changes.
What a busy weekend. Marty's birhtday was March 4th, Jacob's was March 5th, and my baby shower was March 6th. It worked out well because my mom and Marty came up for the shower and we had a little family party friday night. Keeping with our new tradition Jacob decorated his own cake. We assked Jacob what he wanted to do for his birthday and he 's been planning this for awhile he said "Mom I'm 12, I'm ready for the extreme rollercoasters, I wanna go to Magic Mountain" So while mom and I went to the shower Steve, Jacob, the little boys and Jacob's best friend Luke went to Six Flags. I ended up picking up Steve and the little ones early, not much for them to do there. Marty, Jacob, and Luke had a blast and stayed till closing. There were no lines the perfect day! Sunday Jacob got set apart and recieved the aaronic priesthood which was really cool, I was so proud! It was neat to see him passing the sacrament the following Sunday. It is so exciting to see your children grow and develop in the church. It reconfirms my own testimony and makes me want to be a better example to my children.

4 comments:

AmyJune said...

Jacob is such a good kid!

Tiffany -- the mommy said...

HOLY COW 12!? I can't believe it! I miss you guys!

Laura said...

Congrats on having another Priesthood holder in your home! I felt the same way you do when Adam turned 12. One of my favorite things is watching all those little short Deacons passing the sacrament...and then they grow. Wonderful, but a little sad too.

Nicole said...

I can't believe Jacob is 12 and passing sacrament! I just crossed that bridge w/ Darren in Oct and it's crazy!! Time sure flies! He's a great young man and you're doing a great job as his mom! Keep it up!